16 November 2016: 4:17 pm
Consultation opens on plan for thousands of homes
Consultation has started on the sites identified for housing development in Basildon's local plan.
Residents are being asked for their views on seven sites and 10 alternative locations which could be among the areas where 15,260 homes will be built over the next 20 years.
This is the second round of consultation on the plan; the first having been held between January and March, when the sites were identified.
The seven proposed sites are:
• Land south of Outwood Common Road (Brooklands Farm), Billericay;
• Land east of Southend Road (Foot Farm), Billericay;
• Land west of Southend Road (Maitland Lodge), Billericay;
• Dale Farm, Oak Lane, Crays Hill;
• Land at Greenleas Farm, South of London Road, Billericay;
• Land between London Road and A13, Pitsea, Basildon;
• Hovefields and Honiley neighbourhood area, Wickford.
And the 10 alternative locations considered are:
• Alpha Garden Centre, Wickford;
• Land at Bradfields Farm, Basildon;
• Land at Hall Farm, North Benfleet;
• Outwood Farm, Billericay;
• Land north of Wash Road, Noak Bridge;
• Tompkins Farm and Brickfield Road Site, Basildon;
• Land at Sellers Farm, Dunton Road, Basildon;
• Land south of London Road, Wickford;
• Land east of Frithwood Lane, Billericay;
• Land south of Windmill Heights, Billericay.
The consultation will be open until 15 December.
The council said the plan will be submitted to the government in early 2017.
Residents interested in taking part in the consultation can find more information here.